- Early Works
- Vendor Registration
- Contracting Strategy
- Supplier Qualification Matrix
Mini-Pile Installation for Tower Crane #4 Foundation
Provide Pile Foundation subcontract services for site work and site development at Bull Arm Fabrication Facility. Pile installation scope of work includes, but not limited to drilling, installation, grouting and load testing of cased mini-pile foundations, quality control, and all necessary environmental protection measures. Subcontractor shall supply all skilled labor, equipment, materials, accessories, tools, incidentals, and required deliverables such as submittals, shop drawings, pile installation logs (drilling, grouting, etc).
Quantities and design for pile foundations required for Tower Crane 4 (TC4) will be either one of two design options, as further described below:
Design Option A
Total (12) EA -178 mm Diameter Piles (N80) [8EA battered ( H:V =1: 4) Piles + 4EA vertical piles ]with (1) central 65mm diameter Gr75 rebar Grade in cased length, and 150ksi steel threadbar in uncased length. Approximate lengths:
- Overburden Depth (Variable, Max. measured 8m)
- 65mm Diameter Thread bar Grade 75 steel in cased length of the pile.
- Plunge length of the casing into rock (rock socket)=0.5 m
- Bond Length (uncased length of pile) of central steel bar (65 mm dia. threadbar Grade 150 KSi ) into the rock = 6m
- Two sets of compression and tension tests (Total 4 tests) on two vertical piles.
Design Option B
Total (16) EA -244.5 mm Diameter (N80) Piles [16EA vertical piles] with (1) central 65mm diameter Gr75 rebar Grade in cased length, and 150ksi steel threadbar in uncased length.
- Overburden Depth (Variable, Max. measured 8 m)
- 65mm Diameter Grade 75 steel threadbar at the center of the pile along the whole length.
- Plunge length of the casing into rock (rock socket)=2.0 m
- Bond Length (Uncased length of pile) of central steel threadbar (65 mm dia. threadbar Grade 75) into the rock = 3.0m
- Two sets of compression and tension tests (Total 4 tests) on two piles, one of which shall be a corner pile.
Test Pile Program
Testing will be required to verify the capacity of the piles. Static load tests shall be applied to 2 test piles (vertical only, no battered) both in compression and tension. These four tests (2 tension, 2 compression) will be used to verify capacity of all mini-piles in the footing. The test piles may be permanent piles.